The HVAC system in your home has a huge impact on the cleanliness of the space, which is why when you are going through your spring cleaning checklist, it all should start with HVAC. Here are a few tips for doing this:
- Clean or Replace the Air Filters: When it comes to spring cleaning, you are probably going to notice a whole lot of dust in your home. Keep in mind that there is even dust you don't see, such as on the bed and in the carpets. To help reduce the amount of dust in your home, not only should your spring cleaning list include vacuuming and dusting every room in the house, but also changing the air filters of your HVAC system. This ensures that dust is successful trapped in the vents and then removed once the air filters are changed or cleaned next.
- Clean Bathroom Ventilation Fans: The ventilation fans in the bathroom and the number one reason your bathroom does not become the perfect breeding ground for mold. However, this is only the case if it is working efficiently. The only way it will continue doing this is if the fan is cleaned regularly, so be sure to include this in your spring cleaning list. This way, you can remove collected dust inside of the fan cover and use a toothbrush to remove dust on the fan blades, as well.
- Clean the Oven Range: The range above the oven should also be cleaned for effective removal of the smoke coming from your pots and pans. Otherwise, it is going to make your HVAC system work harder in the summer time because the home will become hotter, thus making the AC have to work harder to cool it down.
- Caulk the Windows: The spring time is the perfect time to caulk the windows if it is needed. This way, when you run your AC, it is running at it's most efficient since the air is not escaping.
- Clean the Furnace: Cleaning the furnace is also important to ensure that built up dust does not become trapped in the system. You should also consider hiring an HVAC specialist to perform an inspection on the furnace.
- Clean the Condensor: The condenser unit that is outside should also be cleaned during this time for the same reason. This is also a good time to be sure that the condenser is not blocked by anything that can prevent air from coming in and out of your home.
When you consider these spring cleaning tips, you can be sure that your HVAC system is working to keep your home healthy and cleaner for a longer period of time.Share